Maintenance staff keep guest homes in good repair and also interact with Guests and homeowners. They pride themselves on their attention to detail, looking to ensure that all guest homes are prepared for arriving guests, amenities are in order and that our guests always have fresh supplies at their fingertips.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Ensuring all homes are cared for and inspected according to standards.
- Protecting equipment and supply carts and making sure there are no inadequacies.
- Notify supervisors on any damages, deficits, and disturbances.
- Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience.
- Check stocking levels of all consumables and replace when appropriate.
- Wears proper uniform at all times in accordance with the standards of personal appearance guidelines in the employee guidebook.
- Responsible for proactively and timely communicating information to the department and out to the rest of the organization. Participate in all-employee meetings. Attend and participate in various management meetings as required.
- Act as a role model within the organization. Lead by example. Build the company’s image by collaborating with customers, vendors, other managers/leads as well as employees. Comply with and support company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Enforce respectful and ethical business practices. Maintain high-quality standards.
- Comply with all company policy and procedure; escalate questions and concerns as appropriate.
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices. Proactively identify and properly address safety issues. Act as a “champion of safety” for the organization.
- Adhere to schedules and work all shifts as assigned. Ensure all time worked is reported accurately, and that no work is performed “off the clock”.
- Strong customer service, time management, and prioritization skills. Able to prioritize and act with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance. Able to work in a progressive, fast-paced environment (work well under pressure).
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to troubleshoot, problem-solve and effectively and efficiently make decisions.
- Future-oriented in thinking and operation.
- Optimistic/positive attitude and approach to problem-solving.
- Able to be patient and objective in difficult situations with different types of people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to influence others and an ability to relate to individuals at all levels of an organization as well as homeowners and investors.
- Excellent customer service and follow through skills
- Ability to be flexible in a constantly evolving environment and demonstrate patience with customers and team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage a large volume of daily tasks
- Ability to work with diverse technology and systems such as timekeeping software, scheduling software, smartphone applications, etc.
- Must be able to pass a motor vehicle and criminal background assessment.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent level of work and educational experience.
- Experience: 1-3 years’ experience in hospitality, property management or like experience and a demonstrated ability to perform the essential job functions preferred. Experience in Luxury or Resort settings a plus!
Physical Requirements (including but not limited to):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess distance, color, and depth
- Required to regularly communicate with others and exchange accurate information.
- Able to operate a computer and other office productivity equipment; able to remain stationary at a computer for extended periods of time and move around his/her assigned workspace.
- Frequently move up to 50 pounds and occasionally move up to 100 pounds. He/she must be able to work within different temperature changes, indoors to outdoors; moving between buildings and working around moving equipment/machines; occasionally ascend/descend a ladder or stairs as required, stooping /bending, pushing/pulling.
- Ability to work overhead and at heights up to and occasionally exceeding 40 feet.
- Occasional exposure to moving objects and other machines in operation; Occasionally exposed to dust, gas/fumes, airborne particles, extreme heat or cold, electric shock, vibration, chemicals; and noise.
- Valid State issued driver’s license, State Minimum Insurance, and clean driving record required.
- Daily local travel to, from, and in between job sites.
- Occasional day and night domestic travel for training purposes as necessary.
Seabrook offers a benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus potential, Paid Time Off, and Education Assistance Programs. (Not all benefits apply to all positions or employment statuses)
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume; cover letter optional.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Seabrook is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screens are a condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time, Non-exempt
Salary Potential: $15.00 - 18.00 DOE
**Please note that while we would like to respond to every resume submission, we will only contact those candidates who will be invited to continue the application process. Phone calls will not be accepted.