Under the direction of the Maintenance Department Manager, perform quality carpentry work in residential construction including framing, finish, repair and remodel; remodeling and construction of buildings and equipment; performs other related duties as required. A career opportunity for the right person with great working conditions and lots of variety. All work sites in a beautiful setting a few blocks from the ocean. Tools provided.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Performs a variety of rough and finish carpentry work.
- Performs skilled mill and cabinet work involving construction, finishing, and repairing of buildings, doors, and other building related items.
- Finish and refinish work.
- Builds forms, operates planers, shapers, jointers, lathes, handsaws, and other woodworking machinery.
- Maintains tools and machinery in a safe and efficient operating condition.
- Prepares drawings and sketches of construction and repair projects.
- Estimates costs and orders materials when needed.
- May assist in other maintenance work.
- May be required to work in other trade areas on a temporary basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Formal carpentry coursework desired
- 3-8 years minimum carpentry experience required
- Five (5) year apprentice required or two (2) or more years as a journeyman highly preferred
- Licenses and Certification as may be required by Washington State
- Valid State Issued Driver’s License and State Minimum Insurance
- Trade tools, equipment, materials, methods and techniques used in skilled carpentry and in general
- maintenance and repair.
- Appropriate health and safety precautions and procedures.
- Technical aspects of carpentry field.
- Proper methods of using equipment; materials and supplies.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Federal, State, and local building codes and regulations.
- Operation and use of hand and modern power tools and equipment.
- Proper lifting techniques.
- Perform skilled carpentry work in the maintenance, repair, construction, alteration, forming, framing, and finishing of District buildings and facilities.
- Construct, install, maintain and repair woodwork.
- Interpret, explain and apply building codes, rules and regulations involved in assigned maintenance activities.
- Effectively and safely operate a variety of tools and equipment used in the skilled carpentry trade.
- Interpret shop drawings, sketches, and work orders.
- Perform heavy physical labor.
- Understand and communicate blue prints.
- Make accurate arithmetical computations.
- Maintain routine records and reports.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Observe legal and defensive driving techniques.
- Estimate labor and material costs.
- Perform duties effectively, timely, and without supervision.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Must be able to pass a motor vehicle and criminal background assessment.
- Work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended hours as necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Indoor/outdoor environment subject to changing conditions and temperatures below 32 or exceeding 90 degrees at times.
- Regular exposures to fumes, dust, odors, heights, and loud noises.
- Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
- May be exposed to heights, and loud noises.
- Working on ladders at varying heights.
- Verbal, auditory, and written capabilities to effectively communicate in an articulate manner.
- Clarity of vision at varying distances to perform various work assignments.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a variety of specialized tools and equipment.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
- Occasional bending, kneeling, or crouching.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling object(s) weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Climbing ladders and working from heights as necessary.
- Working with tools and powered machinery.
Seabrook offers a benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus potential, Paid Time Off, and Education Assistance Programs. (Not all benefits apply to all positions or employment statuses)
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Seabrook is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screens are a condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time, Non-exempt
Salary Potential: $18-$30 p/h DOE
**Please note that while we would like to respond to every resume submission, we will only contact those candidates who will be invited to continue the application process. Phone calls will not be accepted.