Housekeeping supervisors ensure guest homes are clean and tidy and ensure all public areas of Seabrook Cottage Rentals meets company standards. They pride themselves on their attention to detail, looking to ensure that all guest homes are prepared for arriving guests, amenities are in order and that our guests always have fresh supplies at their fingertips. This role serves as the ambassadors of the company’s values and works directly with on our guests, homeowner’, and supports all front-end Housekeeping Team Members. This role requires a high expectation of service, professionalism, urgency, and follow-through. The main function of this role is to supervise, manage and train members of Housekeeping Team to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive homes, public areas, and similar environments. This role will assign duties, inspect work, provide guidance and training, and investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment and take corrective action.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Supervise, manage and train members of the Housekeeping Team to ensure Seabrook standards are being met in each and every property.
- Performing, Supervising, and Inspecting a variety of cleaning activities such as, but limited to changing bedding, cleaning, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting and polishing.
- Label and track laundry sent out from guest homes to the laundry service department. Ensure correct linen packages have been returned to the corresponding home.
- Ensuring all rooms/cottages/homes are cleaned and inspected according to company standards.
- Schedule and assign tasks.
- Protecting guests experiences by ensuring there are no inadequacies in the home or equipment.
- Notify management of any damages, deficits, and disturbances.
- Address with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience; report up all necessary issues in a timely manner.
- Review stocking levels of all consumables and replace when appropriate.
- Accurately records data concerning work assignments, guest and homeowner communication, and timekeeping and communicates necessary information to manager as needed.
- Wears proper uniform at all times in accordance with the standards of personal appearance guidelines in the employee guidebook.
- Participate in all-employee meetings, attend, and participate in various meetings as required.
- Act as a role model within the department for Team Members and new hires. Leads by example.
- Build the company’s image by exemplifying Seabrook Core Values.
- Enforce respectful and ethical business practices. Maintain high-quality standards.
- Regularly inspects homes for safety concerns, cleanliness, and readiness for guest occupancy during and following Housekeepers’ completion of homes.
- Provide department onboarding, training, and development for Housekeeping new hires as assigned.
- Identify, document, and communicate ideas and efforts to improve processes, efficiency, and overall department performance.
- Meet and communicate with Housekeeping Management on departmental needs, equipment, or personnel management issues.
- Work with Housekeeping Management to ensure efficient and timely home turnover and reasonable task or workloads for each team. Provide support and flexibility when necessary to achieve overall department goals.
- Comply with all company policy and procedure; escalate questions and concerns as appropriate.
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices.
- Consistently wear and maintain Personal Protective Equipment provided by the company.
- Proactively identify and properly address safety issues. Act as a champion of safety for the organization.
- Adhere to schedules and work all shifts as assigned following company policies regarding attendance.
- Ensure all time worked is reported accurately, and that no work is performed “off the clock,” including complying with all State and Federal regulations regarding rest periods and meal breaks.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as the needs of Seabrook dictate.
- Strong customer service, time management, and prioritization skills. Able to prioritize and act with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance. Able to work in a progressive, fast-paced environment (work well under pressure).
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to troubleshoot, problem-solve and effectively and efficiently make decisions.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to build, motivate, train and interact with team members to produce measurable results.
- Future-oriented in thinking and operation.
- Optimistic/positive attitude and approach to problem-solving.
- Able to be patient and objective in difficult situations with different types of people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to influence others and an ability to relate to individuals at all levels of an organization as well as homeowners and investors.
- Knowledge and understanding of residential and commercial cleaning products, practices, and safety standards.
- Ability to ensure complete and accurate daily documentation
- Excellent customer service and follow-through skills
- Ability to be flexible in a constantly evolving environment and demonstrate patience with customers and team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with others efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to manage a large volume of daily tasks
- Ability to work with diverse technology and systems such as timekeeping software, outlook email, applications, and tools.
- Ability to use basic office equipment including phones, fax machines, scanners, smartphones, printers, and laptops.
- Must be able to pass a motor vehicle and criminal background assessment.
- Work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime.
Level Requirements (Minimum):
- Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent level of work and educational experience.
- Experience: 1-3 years’ experience in hospitality, housekeeping, service industry or like experience, and a demonstrated ability to perform the essential job functions strongly preferred.
- Certifications/Licenses: Valid State issued Drivers License & State Minimum insurance are required. Maintaining these requirements are an ongoing prerequisite of this position and will be verified periodically during employment.
Physical Requirements (including but not limited to):
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess distance, color, and depth
- Required to regularly communicate with others and exchange accurate information.
- Frequently move up to 5-10 pounds, occasionally up to 25 pounds, and rarely move up to 50 pounds. He/she must be able to work within different temperature changes, indoors to outdoors; moving between buildings and working around moving equipment/machines; occasionally ascend/descend a ladder or stairs as required, stooping /bending, pushing/pulling.
- Ability to work overhead and at heights up to and occasionally exceeding 40 Feet.
- Occasional exposure to moving objects and other machines in operation; Occasionally exposed to dust, gas/fumes, airborne particles, extreme heat or cold, electric shock, vibration, chemicals; and noise.
- A valid State-issued driver’s license, State Minimum Insurance, and clean driving record required.
Seabrook offers a benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus potential, Paid Time Off, and Education Assistance Programs. (Not all benefits apply to all positions or employment statuses)
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Seabrook is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screens are a condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time, Non-exempt
Salary Potential: $20.00 - $22.00 per DOE.
**Please note that while we would like to respond to every resume submission, we will only contact those candidates who will be invited to continue the application process. Phone calls will not be accepted.