SUMMER INCENTIVES HAVE ARRIVED!!!! Starting wages now begin at $18 per hour! With all incentives equaling $23 an hour! APPLY NOW!
Company provided Transportation from Aberdeen / Hoquiam and surrounding areas! Ask us how.
Laundry Tech staff keep the linens and bedding for guest homes clean and tidy and ready for use for the Seabrook Cottage Rentals. They pride themselves on their attention to detail, looking to ensure that all guest homes are prepared for arriving guests, amenities are in order and that our guests always have fresh supplies readily available. Performs general labor for the day-to-day laundry operations and performs routine duties related to the general functioning of the facilities. This role serves as the ambassadors of the company’s values by indirectly working for our guests and homeowners. This role requires a high expectation of service, professionalism, urgency, confidentiality, and follow-through.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Washing and drying linens and laundry.
- Folding linen and laundry.
- Picking up soiled laundry as scheduled.
- Delivering fresh laundry to departments.
- Verify inventory of laundry carts at the beginning of each shift.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Maintain laundry equipment as directed by the manager.
- Wears proper uniform at all times in accordance with the standards of personal appearance guidelines in the employee guidebook.
- Participate in all-employee meetings, attend, and participate in various meetings as required.
- Act as a role model within the department for new hires. Leads by example.
- Build the company’s image by exemplifying Seabrook Core Values.
- Adhere to respectful and ethical business practices. Maintain high-quality standards.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures; escalate questions and concerns as appropriate.
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices.
- Consistently wear and maintain Personal Protective Equipment provided by the company.
- Proactively identify and properly address safety issues. Act as a champion of safety for the organization.
- Adhere to schedules and work all shifts as assigned following company policies regarding attendance.
- Ensure all time worked is reported accurately, and that no work is performed “off the clock,” including complying with all State and Federal regulations regarding rest periods and meal breaks.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as the needs of Seabrook dictate.
- Strong customer service, time management, and prioritization skills. Able to prioritize and act with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance. Able to work in a progressive, fast-paced environment (work well under pressure).
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to troubleshoot, problem-solve and effectively and efficiently make decisions.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to build, motivate, train and interact with team members to produce measurable results.
- Future-oriented in thinking and operation.
- Optimistic/positive attitude and approach to problem-solving.
- Able to be patient and objective in difficult situations with different types of people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to influence others and an ability to relate to individuals at all levels of an organization as well as homeowners and investors.
- Knowledge and understanding of residential and commercial cleaning products, practices, and safety standards.
- Ability to ensure complete and accurate daily documentation
- Excellent customer service and follow-through skills
- Ability to be flexible in a constantly evolving environment and demonstrate patience with customers and team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with others efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to manage a large volume of daily tasks
- Ability to work with diverse technology and systems such as timekeeping software, outlook email, applications, and tools.
- Ability to use basic office equipment including phones, fax machines, scanners, smartphones, printers, and laptops.
- Must be able to pass a motor vehicle and criminal background assessment.
- Work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Supervision Received: Performs work independently under the general supervision of the Laundry Assistant Manager, Disptach, the Laundry Supervisors, Housekeeping Assistant Manager, and BOH Manager. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work with or without direct supervision whenever required to meet the demands of the company and guest.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Education & Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent level of work and educational experience.
- Experience: Experience in hospitality, housekeeping, service industry, industrial laundry or like experience preferred, and a demonstrated ability to perform the essential job functions preferred but we will train the right people!
Physical Requirements (including but not limited to):
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess distance, color, and depth
- Required to regularly communicate with others and exchange accurate information.
- Frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds and rarely move up to 50 pounds. He/she must be able to work within different temperature changes, indoors to outdoors; moving between buildings and working around moving equipment/machines; occasionally ascend/descend a ladder or stairs as required, stooping /bending, pushing/pulling.
- Ability to work overhead and at heights up to and occasionally exceeding 10 Feet.
- Occasional exposure to moving objects and other machines in operation; Occasionally exposed to dust, gas/fumes, airborne particles, extreme heat or cold, electric shock, vibration, chemicals; and noise.
Seabrook offers a benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus potential, Paid Time Off, and Education Assistance Programs. (Not all benefits apply to all positions or employment statuses)
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Seabrook is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screens are a condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time openings available, Non-exempt
Salary Potential: $18.00 - $23.00 p/h
**Please note that while we would like to respond to every resume submission, we will only contact those candidates who will be invited to continue the application process. Phone calls will not be accepted.