Title: Safety Officer Department: CAM
Location: Safety Supervisor: CAM Manager
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt Pay Grade: TBD
Under the direction of the CAM Manager, the Safety Officer will play a key role in ensuring a safe and secure environment for visitors, homeowners, and team members by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel. The Safety Officer will provide routine patrol of all Seabrook property, crowd control and street closure at events.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of safety and security functions by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry as necessary.
- Response to alarms, disturbances, or other matter; calls for assistance as needed.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; reporting trespassers and suspicious activity.
- Controls traffic by stablishing barriers and barricades for events and parades.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- May be required to work in other trade areas on a temporary basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices.
- Consistently wear and maintain Personal Protective Equipment provided by the company.
- Proactively identify and properly address safety issues. Act as a “champion of safety” for the organization.
- Adhere to schedules and work all shifts as assigned.
- Ensure all time worked is reported accurately, and that no work is performed “off the clock”.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as the needs of Seabrook dictate.
- Supervision Received: Performs work independently with a great deal of autonomy but under the general supervision of the CAM Manager. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work without direct supervision whenever required to meet the demand of the company and the safety of the community.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Education & Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Formal coursework in security or public safety strongly desired.
- Experience: 2-5 years security, policing, or military experience required. Licenses and Certification as may be required by Washington State.
Skills & Abilities:
- Language Skills: Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in English as the operational language of the company. Spanish or other languages may be accommodated for as staffing needs dictate and as available. Be able to communicate effectively with a varied population, including individuals from diverse ethnic, racial, cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and geometry to determine supply needs and to perform detailed function of the job.
- Reasoning Abilities: The Safety Officer is expected to use a reasonable degree of sound professional judgment in assuring acceptable standards of performance within the areas of his/her responsibilities. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Office/Computer Skills: Ability to function in a PC environment using MS Office programs efficiently with minimal errors as necessary. Exhibit a willingness and ability to learn computer operations on a variety of different systems including all existing system and all future systems necessary to perform duties. Ability to use a personal computer, printer, copy machine, and telephone as necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to smoothly and rapidly shift between dissimilar tasks; react quickly and calmly to emergencies; make effective decisions while in stressful situations and circumstances. Must have a proven history and be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Job Specific Knowledge:
- Safety, First Aid, BLS
- Appropriate health and safety precautions and procedures.
- Basic security and safety patrol
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Federal, State, and local building codes and regulations.
- Operation and use of hand and modern power tools and equipment.
- Proper lifting techniques. Must be able to pass a motor vehicle and criminal background assessment
Physical Requirements (including but not limited to):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Indoor/outdoor environment subject to changing conditions and temperatures below 32 or exceeding 90 degrees at times.
- Regular exposures to fumes, dust, odors, heights, and loud noises.
- Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
- Possible exposure to heights, and loud noises.
- Verbal, auditory, and written capabilities to communicate effectively in an articulate manner.
- Clarity of vision at varying distances to perform various work assignments.
- Standing and walking for extended periods.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a variety of specialized tools and equipment.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
- Occasional bending, kneeling, or crouching.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling object(s) weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Occasional high-stress situations
- Stamina to provide and render BLS and First Aid until emergency personal arrive
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License and proof of liability insurance.
- Must accept confidentiality as a strict condition of employment.
- Successfully pass pre-employment Drug/Alcohol Screen.
- Successfully pass Criminal Background Check.
- Maintain any training and credential requirements as per policy and procedure required for the position now and in the future.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed.
Seabrook offers a benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus potential, Paid Time Off, and Education Assistance Programs. (Not all benefits apply to all positions or employment statuses)
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Seabrook is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screens are a condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time/Seasonal, Non-exempt
Salary Potential: $18.00 p/h DOE
**Please note that while we would like to respond to every resume submission, we will only contact those candidates who will be invited to continue the application process. Phone calls will not be accepted.