Title: Sales Associate Department: Retail
Location: Seabrook Retail Stores Supervisor: Store Manager
Classification: Part-time, Non-Exempt Pay Grade: TBD
Under the direction of the Retail Store Manager, the Sales Associate will play a key role in ensuring the Retail Stores, as assigned throughout Seabrook, operate in an efficient, safe, and profitable manner. Duties included sales, customer service, cleaning, store setup and resets, data entry, answering telephones, and meeting with customers.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs general sales duties as assigned including but not limited to cash handling, sales, cleaning, and customer service, and conducting inventory.
- Provide assistance for the store Manager as needed to ensure the effectiveness, safety of guests, and profitability of the store.
- Perform other duties as assigned at various locations and in other stores or departments.
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety; adhere to company-related practices and policies. Maintain any training credential requirements as per company policies.
- Maintain a high-degree of safety.
- Maintain a high-degree of confidentiality regarding customers’ information and payments.
- Ensure the security of product, cash/payments, and facilities.
- Adhere to schedules, work all shifts as assigned, and or work flexible hours as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned or as the needs of Seabrook dictate.
- Supervision Received: Performs work independently under the general supervision of the Store Manager. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work without direct supervision whenever required to meet the demand of the company.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Education & Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required (exceptions made for current students).
- Experience: None.
- Successfully pass pre-employment Drug/Alcohol Screen
- Successfully pass Criminal Background Check
- Skills & Abilities:
- Language Skills: Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in English as the operational language of the company. Spanish or other languages may be accommodated for as staffing needs dictate and as available. Be able to communicate effectively with a varied population, including individuals from diverse ethnic, racial, cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and geometry to determine supply needs and to perform detailed function of the job.
- Reasoning Abilities: Expected to use a reasonable degree of sound professional judgment in assuring acceptable standards of performance within the areas of his/her responsibilities. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Office/Computer Skills: Ability to function or learn in a PC or Mac environment using MS Office and other programs efficiently with minimal errors as necessary. Exhibit a willingness and ability to learn computer operations on a variety of different systems including all existing system and all future systems necessary to perform duties. Ability to use a personal computer, printer, copy machine, calculators, and telephone as necessary. Filing, sorting, printing, copying, and organizing documents and files.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to smoothly and rapidly shift between dissimilar tasks; react quickly and calmly to emergencies; make effective decisions while in stressful situations and circumstances. Must have a proven history and be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess distance, color, and depth.
- Frequently move or lift up to 10 pounds, occasionally move or lift up to 25 pounds, rarely move or lift up to 50 lbs. He/she must be able to work within different temperature changes, mainly indoors, but able to move between building outdoors; working around office equipment/machines; occasionally ascend/descend stairs/ladders as required, stooping/bending, pushing/pulling.
- Occasional exposure to moving objects and other machines in operation throughout the property; Rarely exposed to dust, gas/fumes, airborne particles, extreme heat or cold, electric shock, vibration, chemicals; and noise.