We are looking for a Residential Painter's Assistant to help prep and paint the interior and exterior of structures, buildings and other surfaces. Your job will be important since good painting has both practical and aesthetic benefits. An ideal painter's assistant is knowledgeable in selecting the right material for their job. Must have experience in painting with various tools and in various heights and spaces while observing all safety measures. Must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to detail in completing their duties. The goal is to deliver high-quality painting work that meets or exceeds Seabrook standards. Position will be Full –Time, 40+ hours per week, Non-Exempt, Hourly paid position. Pay will be DOQ and competitive for the trade.
- Aid Lead Painter with all facets of the painting process.
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
- Apply varnish and other finishes
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
- 3 years of proven experience as a painter with verifiable ability to paint millwork and doors
- Knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them
- Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns etc.)
- Good basic math skills
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders etc.
- Conscientious with great attention to detail
- High school diploma; successful completion of an apprenticeship
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs, to climb ladders, stoop, bend, twist and reach.