Title: Back of House Office Admin Assistant/ Dispatch Department: Cottage Rentals Back Of House
Location: Back of House Office Supervisor: BOH Office Manager
Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt Pay Grade: TBD
Under the direction of the Back of House Office Manager the Office Admin Assistant is in charge of completing administrative duties for the BOH Admin office. They assist the Office Administrator in ensuring staffing, scheduling and dispatch are coordinated for all BOH work. In addition, they serve as the secondary contact for all accounts receivable and payable to make sure they match plans and progress and assists in scheduling and dispatching personnel. They assist with all administrative paperwork, filing, as well as assisting with timekeeping records for hourly staff. The Admin Assistant works well under strict deadlines to make sure all contracts and orders are followed. The Admin Assistant is a champion of Seabrook Core Values and customer service for the Back of House department.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor general office condition and supplies. Answer and direct phone inquiries, as needed
- Work as Dispatcher to coordinate work between the various BOH offices and personnel
- Provide support to Housekeeping, Laundry and Maintenance staff as necessary
- Adhere to schedules and work all shifts as assigned
- Ensure all time worked is reported accurately in compliance with company policy and State/Federal laws
- Performs other duties as assigned or as the needs of Seabrook dictate
- Supervision Received: Performs work under the general supervision of the Officer Manager. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work with or without direct supervision, whenever required, to meet the demand of the department and company
- Education & Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree or higher in finance, accounting, or business management strongly preferred.
- Experience: 2-3 years of office administration or office management required. Directly relatable office experience will be considered.
- Experience in hospitality, construction, accounting, scheduling, or public relations highly desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Language Skills: Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in English as the operational language of the company. Be able to communicate effectively with a varied population, including individuals from diverse ethnic, racial, cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Mathematical Skills: Math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and accounting are necessary to perform the detailed function of the job.
- Reasoning Abilities: The Office Admin Assistant is expected to use a reasonable degree of sound professional judgment in assuring acceptable standards of performance within the areas of his/her responsibilities. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Office/Computer Skills: Ability to function in a PC environment using MS Office programs efficiently with minimal errors as necessary. Proficient in MS Office Suite, specifically with using Excel with the ability to regularly create and maintain various spreadsheets. Exhibit a willingness and ability to learn computer operations on a variety of different systems including all existing system and all future systems necessary to perform duties. Ability to use a personal computer, printer, copy machine, and telephone as necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to smoothly and rapidly shift between dissimilar tasks; react quickly and calmly to emergencies; make effective decisions while in stressful situations and circumstances. Must have a proven history and be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Job Specific Knowledge: Knowledge or experience in office administration. Keen organizational skills. People skills. Record-keeping skills.
- Job Specific Abilities: Communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others. Work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended hours as necessary.
- Must accept confidentiality as a strict condition of employment.
- Successfully pass pre-employment Drug/Alcohol Screen.
- Successfully pass Criminal Background Check.
- Maintain any training and credential requirements as per policy and procedure required for the position now and in the future
- Must be able to work overtime and flexible hours as needed.