Title: Assistant Maintenance Manager Department: Seabrook Cottage Rentals
Location: Back of House Supervisor: Maintenance Manager
Classification: Full-time, Exempt Pay Grade: Salary DOQ
Job Description: Assistant Maintenance Manager
Job Summary: The Assistant Maintenance Manager is charged in assisting the Maintenance Manager with the care of Seabrook’s infrastructure. The Role will assist in managing maintenance personnel and assist in the planning and implementation of various renovation and repair projects. The position is both responsible for administrative work as well as physical repairs/maintenance. The ideal candidate will assist the Maintenance manager ii the training and developing staff skillsets and providing leadership and supervision of the maintenance team in the absence of the Maintenance Manager. Assist the Maintenance Manager in the achieving department and company goals to keep buildings and grounds both safe and functional for guests and employees alike.
Job Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Assisting the Maintenance Manager in the following areas;
- Supervision of seasonal and/or part time maintenance staff
- Maintains standards of operation, repairs and maintenance of Housing and common areas though out the property.
- Strong customer service, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work with little supervision in a fast paced, service orientated environment.
- Display an optimistic/positive attitude and be patient and objective in difficult situations.
- Knowledge and understanding of residential and commercial cleaning products, practices and safety standards.
- Follows all appropriate policies and procedures.
- Uses equipment in a safe manner and as intended.
- Reports and addresses all unsafe conditions immediately.
- Ensures all maintenance equipment is properly maintained and functioning.
- Performs electrical, plumbing, welding, carpentry, painting or other tasks as assigned.
- Maintains timelines and work schedules in accordance with the preventative maintenance program.
- Ensures timely and courteous follow-through on all client, guest and team member requests.
- Keeps maintenance and engineering storerooms and work spaces clean and organized.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and effectively make decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills.
- Ability to ensure complete and accurate daily documentation.
- Ability to work with others efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to manage a large volume of daily tasks.
- Ability to work with diverse technology and systems such as timekeeping software, outlook email, applications, and tools.
- Ability to use basic office equipment including phones, fax machines, scanners, smartphones, printers and laptops.
- Must be able to pass a motor vehicle and criminal background assessment.
Physical Requirements (including but not limited to):
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess distance, color, and depth
- Frequently move up to 25 pounds and occasionally move up to 75 pounds. He/she must be able to work within different temperature changes, indoors to outdoors; moving between buildings and working around moving equipment/machines; occasionally ascend/descend a ladder or stairs as required, stooping /bending, pushing/pulling.
- Ability to work overhead and at heights up to and occasionally exceeding 40 Feet.
- Occasional exposure to moving objects and other machines in operation; Occasionally exposed to dust, gas/fumes, airborne particles, extreme heat or cold, electric shock, vibration, chemicals; and noise.
- Driving vehicle for errands may be required. Valid State-issued driver’s license, State Minimum Insurance, and clean driving record required.
- 2+ years of documented maintenance experience work required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to multi-task and troubleshoot.
Seabrook offers a benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus potential, Paid Time Off, and Education Assistance Programs. (Not all benefits apply to all positions or employment statuses)
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Seabrook is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screens are a condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Salary Potential: DOQ
**Please note that while we would like to respond to every resume submission, we will only contact those candidates who will be invited to continue the application process. Phone calls will not be accepted.