Seasonal Groundskeeper Assistant
Dates: June 1st – Labor Day
- Receive and understand direct verbiage for different projects
- Work with the Groundskeeper to help keep lawns mowed and manicured
- Work with the Landscape Technicians to keep the lawns aerated, thatched, and fertilized.
- Periodically perform irrigation repairs and modifications
- Work with the Groundskeeper to help with wood delivery and stacking
- Use of power tools, such as but not limited to:
- Weed Eater
- Remain flexible and available to take on other landscape and hardscape projects as they come about.
- Seasonal Groundskeeping Assistant is responsible for the care, condition, and maintenance (including watering) of trees, plants, grass, flowers, and planting beds.
- Assist the Maintenance and Groundskeeping staff with daily tasks and special projects as needed and is responsible for the upkeep of areas assigned. May also work maintenance shifts as needed.
- Responsible for keeping the current tools and equipment in a well-functioning state. In addition, he/she should know how to function and maintenance (to an extent) all power and motorized equipment that the company owns.
- Should effectively be the “eyes” and “feet” on the ground for the Seabrook Common Areas Maintenance , and report any concerns
- Adhere to respectful and ethical business practices. Maintain high-quality standards.
- Comply with all company policy and procedure, escalate questions and concerns as appropriate.
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices. Consistently wear and maintain Personal Protective Equipment provided by the company.
- Proactively identify and properly address safety issues. Act as a “champion of safety” for the organization.
- Adhere to schedules and work all shifts as assigned.
- Ensure all time worked is reported accurately, and that no work is performed “off the clock”.
Level Requirements (Minimum):
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent level of work and educational experience.
- Experience: 1-3 years’ experience in landscaping, lawn/garden maintenance, hospitality, service industry or like experience desired and a demonstrated ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Drivers License: Must be 18-years old with at least 2-years driving experience, and must maintain a valid State-Issues DL and State Minimum insurance for company vehicle insurance requirements.
Physical Requirements (including but not limited to):
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess distance, color, and depth
- Required to regularly communicate with others and exchange accurate information.
- Frequently move up to 25 pounds and occasionally move up to 50 pounds. He/she must be able to work within different temperature changes, indoors to outdoors; moving between buildings and working around moving equipment/machines; occasionally ascend/descend a ladder or stairs as required, stooping /bending, pushing/pulling.
- Ability to work overhead and at heights up to and occasionally exceeding 40 Feet.
- Occasional exposure to moving objects and other machines in operation; Occasionally exposed to dust, gas/fumes, airborne particles, extreme heat or cold, electric shock, vibration, chemicals; and noise.
- If driving a company or personal vehicle for the job or errands is required, a valid State-issued driver’s license, State Minimum Insurance, and clean driving record required.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Seabrook is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screens are a condition of employment.
Job Type: Seasonal
Salary Potential: With Incentives $15.00 p/h
Company furnished transportation from Aberdeen/ Hoquiam available!