Erosion Control Agent
Dates: Full Time
Pay: $18/hr DOE
- Give direction to third part erosion control contractor
- Water sample every week for Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead
- Create punch lists for the Department of Ecology reports/inspections
- Insure Best Management Practices are being followed for erosion and sediment control
- Install and maintain erosion control systems, including but not limited to:
- Silt fence
- Sediment traps
- Ditch and swale lines
- Straw and seeding
- Straw waddles
- Create project tasks list with noted priorities for the week
- Keep roadways clean
- Keep state waters free from turbidity and sediment
- Time tracking and reporting on different projects for accuracy and budgeting
- Supply and material auditing
- Strong customer service, time management, and prioritization skills. Able to prioritize and act with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance. Able to work in a progressive, fast-paced environment (work well under pressure).
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to troubleshoot, problem-solve and effectively and efficiently make decisions.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to build, motivate, train and interact with team members to produce measurable results.
- Future-oriented in thinking and operation.
- Optimistic/positive attitude and approach to problem-solving.
- Able to be patient and objective in difficult situations with different types of people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to influence others and an ability to relate to individuals at all levels of an organization as well as homeowners and investors.
- Knowledge and understanding of residential and commercial cleaning products, practices, and safety standards.
- Ability to ensure complete and accurate daily documentation
- Excellent customer service and follow-through skills
- Ability to be flexible in a constantly evolving environment and demonstrate patience with customers and team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage a large volume of daily tasks
- Ability to work with diverse technology and systems such as timekeeping software, outlook email, applications, and tools.
- Ability to use basic office equipment including phones, fax machines, scanners, smartphones, printers, and laptops.
- Must be able to pass a motor vehicle and criminal background assessment.
- Work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime.
Level Requirements (Minimum):
- A high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Previous work experience preferred
- Detailed knowledge of chemicals and machines.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate machines.
- Need to have a valid driver’s license
Physical Requirements (including but not limited to):
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess distance, color, and depth
- Required to regularly communicate with others and exchange accurate information.
- Frequently move up to 25 pounds and occasionally move up to 75 pounds. He/she must be able to work within different temperature changes, indoors to outdoors; moving between buildings and working around moving equipment/machines; occasionally ascend/descend a ladder or stairs as required, stooping /bending, pushing/pulling.
- Ability to work overhead and at heights up to and occasionally exceeding 40 Feet.
- Occasional exposure to moving objects and other machines in operation; Occasionally exposed to dust, gas/fumes, airborne particles, extreme heat or cold, electric shock, vibration, chemicals; and noise.
- Driving a personal vehicle for errands may be required. Valid State-issued driver’s license, State Minimum Insurance, and clean driving record required.
Seabrook offers a benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus potential, Paid Time Off, and Education Assistance Programs. (Not all benefits apply to all positions or employment statuses)
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Seabrook is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screens are a condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time, Non-exempt
Salary Potential: $18.00 p/h DOE